Sunday, March 27, 2005

lalalaBOM, no more...

I was contemplating of starting my comeback entry with a "I'M BACK!!!"
But it has all change..BAH.

All because my original

la

la

la

BOM!

IS TAKEN!!!

Now I actually have to reduce to using the yucky sounding suggestion that yanyan gave me: lalalaPOM!!

WA LAO EH!!

Read my blog everyone's heart will POM POM TIAO leh.. NO?

Anyway, I'm pretty pissed with the whole situation.

A few days ago I was thinking of blogging again but I can't register my blog under lalalabom, Blogger said that the name was taken. I thought it was because of my previous blog, thats why I can't use it.

Until just now... My friends told me that there IS a blog using lalalabom.blogspot.com. (coincidentally, 2 of them told me on the same day. One after another. zhong ma piao dou mei na me zhun.)

I was like WTF!!

Okay, okay..kind of aggressive I know. So, well, before i come to any conclusion that this person is being a copycat or whether she's also as crazy as me to come up with such a nonsensical identity, I looked through her blog.

Guessed what I found.

SHE LINKED YANYAN aka XIAXUE.

Nuff said.

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi, Grace,

I'm not trying to be hao lian or what, and my friends assured me too that if one reads xiaxue, it is very unlikely that the person doesn't know lalalabom was used before. (since your 'lalalabom' blog started only this year)

Yes, I deleted my blog. But that simply doesn't mean anyone should just take and use it. I mean, you wouldn't use a sanitary pad that someone used and use it, neither will you just grab a child and ask him/her to acknowledge you as his/her mother. Even in the process of an adoption, you still have to go through certain adminstration processes.

A blog address is like an identity. Although I'm not as well-known as Yanyan (Xiaxue) nor Wanyi(Eh, danene, what's yours? like got so many leh.), but there are people who knows me as lalalabom.

I went to your very first entry and you wrote this:

'LALALABOM! nice name for a blog, eh?'

Yeah, thank you for that compliment.

Although I'll love some credits given to me.

Oh man. Why am I so PR?

OF COURSE IT IS NICE!! IT WAS MINE!!!!!!!

I'm not trying to get the blog address back considering I stopped blogging in the first place, even though I'd really love to. I'll really have appreciated if you informed me. I mean, if you do read Xiaxue, it is not so hard to track me down isn't it, not forgetting Friendster?

Just some basic blogtiquette?

Since I do not know your side of the story, I do wish to hear from you. Whether you really don't know about lalalabom or whatsoever. Please don't lie to me. From the blog, you don't sound like a bad girl.

I'm not pissed with you using the name. As i've said, I just hope I was informed.

If I maligned you, I will apologize.

Yanyan just msn-ed, saying that she hoped that I'm scolding someone coz she love to see me doing it or read it and imagine me going high-pitched.

Come to think of it. If you didn't link Xiaxue, I wouldn't be this pissed. Blame her if you want.

Hope to hear from you soon...

10 Comments:

Blogger Brad said...

You just have to make lalalaPOM that much better of a place to visit and read than lalalabom - you can do that!

Buck up! I'm pretty sure that things could be worse.

3:39 AM

 
Blogger Max said...

Ok, I have to say, technically you don't have the right to take it back, but truthfully, I think it's yours. I mean- I'd be so pissed too! To bad... And if your not able to get lalalabom, maybe you just need an entirely new name. Like Loolylio! ok, whatever, but you get my point... See you!

8:17 AM

 
Blogger SooHK said...

Its the contents and the author that counts and not the name.

10:12 AM

 
Blogger Darth Sidious said...

But then..
You'll get attached to a name too what..

It's sort of an identity what..
Homosaipiens need an identity to identitfy with what..

3:55 PM

 
Blogger xcake said...

It's so obvious that that LALALABOM blogger stole her blog name...

5:09 PM

 
Blogger Gabrielle said...

please LAH, its a dog eat dog world out there. If in the first place u stopped blogging, someother person used your name, you cannot complain one.

7:56 PM

 
Blogger blog-hopper said...

Okay. You have to know that since you gave up on the blog previously, someone else has the right to use it. I mean, who exactly knows that you are using that identity isnt it? I must admit, i don't know myself until i read about your entry too. And since if this identity may have some signifance to you, you can try asking her. But if she don't want, you can't force or anything. Well, just good luck.

8:54 PM

 
Blogger blog-hopper said...

Okay. You have to know that since you gave up on the blog previously, someone else has the right to use it. I mean, who exactly knows that you are using that identity isnt it? I must admit, i don't know myself until i read about your entry too. And since if this identity may have some signifance to you, you can try asking her. But if she don't want, you can't force or anything. Well, just good luck.

8:55 PM

 
Blogger lalalabom said...

angeline: aiyo..can you please tell me which part that i didn't say it clearly?
I didn't say I want it back. I merely asked for a clarification of:
1) Did she get the name from xiaxue's blog?
2) If she did, I think she should have asked.
3) If she didn't, then I'll apologize.

It meant alot to me yes. But I do understand the fact that I've already stopped blogging. HOWEVER, it doesn't mean I abandoned or gave up the name, I used it all the time. I mean, who will actually pick up and use an address (identity) that another person has once used. Maybe there is, but this is the 1st time that I actually came across such thing.

10:12 PM

 
Blogger the commentator said...

I don't usually respond to the blogs I read, but this is beyond ridiculous. You say:
**
I didn't say I want it back. I merely asked for a clarification of:
1) Did she get the name from xiaxue's blog?
2) If she did, I think she should have asked.
3) If she didn't, then I'll apologize
**

Even if Grace got the moniker from xiaxue, there's nothing wrong with that. Blame yourself for giving up a URL that you purportedly claim to adore so much.

I mean, be objective here. There is no intellectual property involved and sure as hell no right or privilege that you claim you have over it. Even if said URL was a paid-for domain name, it's up for grabs once you let go of it.

I'm sorry you're upset that you can't get that particular URL back, but I don't see how this is any of Grace's fault.

Sidenote: This wouldn't be this big a hooha if not for xiaxue. Given that she evidently understands the attention her blog commands, shouldn't she exact some social responsibility in her writing. (Read: Stop stirring shit, already!)

10:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home